DJ KHALED BECOMES THE PRESIDENT OF DEF JAM SOUTH


Famed Dj, Dj Khaled, has been appointed president of Def Jam South.

Khaled, who says he has always wanted to be an executive, will oversee records by Ludacris, Young Jeezy, Ace Hood and of course Rick Ross.

Ross's new album, Deeper Than Rap, will be the first release under Khaled’s watch which he also A&R’d.

“This is what I’ve always wanted to do, is be an executive and take it to another level,” Khaled told MTV.

“L.A. [Reid] just hit me one day. He was like, ‘We should bring Khaled on board. He makes hits, he has relationships.’

I got a team of producers and we go in hard.

My job is to bring hits to the table and work with new artists and work with established artists.

I’m bringing new energy to the game and to the building.”


Khaled has made quite a name for himself as a member of Terror Squad. The Miami based dj has worked with a handful of rappers and produced albums Real Talk by Fabolous, True Story by Terror Squad, All or Nothing by Fat Joe, and Me, Myself, & I by Fat Joe.

He has also released three albums, "Listennn...The Album," "We The Best," and "We Global."

0 comments: