CHRIS BROWN ARRESTED FOR DOMESTIC ASSULT ON RIHANNA


While Chris Brown's golden boy status is in serious jeopardy, past interviews with the R&B/Pop sensation reveal a dark side that's been there since childhood.


In a 2007 interview with GIANT magazine, the singer revealed domestic violence as a subject that hit far too close to home:

...an 11-year-old Brown made a promise to his mother. He vowed that he would go to jail by age 15 for killing his abusive stepfather. "I just want you to know that I love you," he told her. "But I'm gonna take a baseball bat one day while you at work, and I'm gonna kill him." Brown's parents had separated when he was seven. When his mother remarried, she moved her son and his new stepfather to a trailer park. Then his stepfather shot himself in the head. The shot went straight through the eyes. He survived the suicide attempt but was permanently blinded.

"When you're blind, your senses are heightened, like your smell, hearing, your sense of touch," Brown explains. "You can move and maneuver around your sight. But he used to hit my mom....He made me terrified all the time, terrified like I had to pee on myself. I remember one night he made her nose bleed. I was crying and thinking, 'I'm just gonna go crazy on him one day...' I hate him to this day."



Fortunately Brown's mother left his stepfather and preventing her son from becoming a murderer, but the same article reveals Brown did plenty of fighting back in his hometown in Virginia. One has to wonder -- were his actions early Sunday morning the result of what he saw as a child growing up? Has he been a ticking time bomb all this time?

My homegirl Sirius "Shade 45 in the Morning" host Angela Yee twittered this morning about calls she got from someone who claimed to be LAPD.

Just talked to one of the cops who (allegedly) was there when chris brown turned himself in

He said that a witness called the cops, rihanna went back to hotel and locked chris brown out so he had to leave

supposedly she was drunk, and told chris brown some guy had a nice ass and he smacked her. Then she attacked him and it was a brawl



Yee made sure to point out that all this has yet to be confirmed as absolute truth:

Now mind you, I'm not saying this is true, just what one of our callers reported about



Meanwhile, US Weekly has stopped speculating and is identifying Rihanna as Brown's victim.

Sources tell Usmagazine.com that Rihanna is the alleged victim in the felony battery investigation involving her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown.

Pretty crazy. The photo above is from the Grammy award show's rehearsal dinner.

0 comments: